1. Eat well – eating regular, warm meals will help to keep your energy levels up this winter.
2. Dress in layers – instead of wearing one thick layer, you will get better results by putting a few thinner ones instead.
3. Keep active – even a small amount of exercise every day can make a difference.
4. Insulate your home – making sure you don’t let the warmth escape will also help to keep your heating costs down.
5. Hot water bottle – carry one around, keep it in your bed or even warm your clothes up on a cold morning.
6. Electric blanket – but make sure you unplug it before you go to sleep.
7. Heat one room at a time – keep one area of your home nice and cosy and enjoy your evenings with the whole family;
8. Keep your head and feet warm – putting on warm socks and a hat will help keeping your whole body warm for longer.
9. Choose wool instead of cotton and synthetics – wool will keep you warm even when it is wet.
10. Put an extra blanket or duvet on your bed – turn your heating down and enjoy a great night’s sleep.